How will my order ship?
- Your order will ship via UPS, FedEX, or Common Carrier (LTL)
How is the cost of shipping calculated?
- It is calculated by the weight of the material and the distance it will travel. We have added a shipping estimator to our website to give you the most accurate information we can provide. If your address falls into an area not covered by our calculator a shipping quote will be provided by customer service before your order is processed.
Is the charge listed on the calculator the price I will pay for shipping?
- Most of the time the rate calculated will be the rate you will be charged for your shipment. Some shipments going to indirect points and islands do need to be adjusted. If you fall into one of these situations you will be contacted by customer service for approval before we proceed. We will never change a shipping rate without approval by the customer.
Do I have to be present for delivery?
- Yes, you need to be present at the time of delivery to inspect and sign for the material. For UPS shipments you do not need to be home to accept the delivery.
How should I prepare for delivery?
- Freight shipments are curbside delivery so you need to be prepared to move the material into your home.
What is curbside delivery?
- Due to liability reasons, palletized shipments will be unloaded at the street. It is your responsibility to get the material from the street to your home.
How should I inspect my shipment?
- Make sure the pallet is intact.
- Visually inspect the pallet and tile for damage.
- Sign the BOL subject to inspection possible damage inside.
- Cut the shrink wrap and inspect the cartons
- Verify the amount and material is correct.
- Report any damages to Tiles Direct as well as file a claim with the carrier.
Can I return Material?
- Yes, we will accept 4 or more sealed cartons within 30 days for all stock material and most special order material. Please note some vendors will not accept returns.
Do you charge a restocking fee?
- Yes, a 25% restocking fee applies.
We ship throughout the United States.
We have partnered with a US logistics company to help secure the lowest shipping rates possible. Most orders will ship via a LTL carrier with standard residential, curbside, lift gate delivery. You will be contacted by the LTL carrier to arrange an appointment window. At the time of delivery the material will not be carried into your home. Delivery is curbside only. Please be aware it is delivered by tractor trailers and limited access areas may require special arrangements for delivery. Any request to change destination after the material has left will result in additional freight charges to be paid by the customer. The rate will be detirmined by the carrier who has the freight.
Rates calculated online are based on a single shipment of the complete order. In the event of backorders or other events out of Tiles Direct control, split shipments at the customers request, will be subject to recalculated freight charges based on the shipment requirements of the individual loads. Tiles Direct is not responsible for additional freight charges due to split shipments without prior written approval.
Please be advised that the shipping calculator is a guide and you're shipping may be lower or greater depending on going rates. We strive to find the best rates available and we will find you the best rate at the time of order.
All LTL shipments to any of the 5 boroughs in NY and Long Island may have an additional fee of $50 applied if lift gate service is required. Customer service will call to confirm whether lift gate service is required or not before the order is processed. Email confirmation will also be required from customer to approve the additional $50 charge if it is necessary.
Please Note: UPS expedited shipments typically leave 24 to 48 hours from the time of order. If your shipment needs to leave sooner than 24 to 48 hours please call our customer service department to see if we can accommodate your needs. UPS does not consider Saturday and Sunday when factoring air shipments. (Example: A 2nd Day Air that ships on Friday will not arrive until Tuesday.)
Accepting your shipment:
It is your responsibility to inspect the shipment when it is delivered. You cannot sign and let the driver leave until you have inspected it for damage or missing material. If you have damage or missing material please note the delivery paperwork in order for us to properly file the claim with the carrier and get you your replacement material. Please also send us an email or call us to report the damage or missing product within 24 hours. To report concealed damage’s after the driver leaves, contact the local trucking terminal and report the conceled damage, making sure to get the full name of the person you speak with. Then call Tiles Direct to handle the conceled damage claim.
Most orders ship within 5 to 15 business days from the time of your completed order. Material comes from several different warehouse and / or factories. Most orders need to be consolidated into our locations before shipping. If we anticipate your order will not ship in 5 to 15 business days, due to back order issues, you will be contacted before we process your order.
We will accept returns of 4 or more full, sealed cartons within 30 days of receiving your product(s). No returns on trims, decoratives or natural stone will be accepted. All returns will be subjected to a 25% restock charge and freight back to the manufacturer. Please be advised that some manufacturers will not except returns at all.
You should expect to receive your refund within four weeks of giving your package to the return shipper, however, in many cases you will receive a refund more quickly. This time period includes the transit time for us to receive your return from the shipper (5 to 10 business days), the time it takes us to process your return once we receive it (3 to 5 business days), and the time it takes your bank to process our refund request (5 to 10 business days).
If you need to return an item, simply login to your account, view the order using the "Complete Orders" link under the My Account menu and click the Return Item(s) button. We'll notify you via e-mail of your refund once we've received and processed the returned item.