1) Tiles Direct is not a contractor. It does not perform or contract for the installation of any products it sells.
2) All quantities must be verified by the buyer. Tiles Direct accepts no responsibility whatsoever for quantities and measurements.
3) All tile is subject to variation in shade and size. All tile measurements are nominal. Hand-made tile is subject to irregularities in size, shape, odor and warpage. Stone is a natural material. There will be color variation from samples and displays, as well as within your shipment. We recommend a minimum of 15% overage on any natural stone product, and 5-10% for porcelain tiles. Tile and stone are not guaranteed after delivery against chipping, crazing, cracking or wear. All stone and crackle glaze ceramic tile must be sealed.
4) Returns will be accepted on a case by case basis. Most items are returnable in the same condition they were received with a 25% restock fee plus the freight charge for the return. Please be careful with your measurements.
5) There are no returns or cancellations, on custom or made-to-order products.
6) All tile, stone, and decorative tiles are shipped via common carrier with standard residential curbside delivery when the weight is over 125lbs. The material will not be delivered into your home. It is the client's responsibility to verify box count before signing the bill of lading. Please take a look at the pallet before you are signing for material. If the pallet looks unwrapped, tampered with or cartons have shifted in transit please sign bill of lading as follows: "Possible damage, subject to inspection" and please list the reason. Any visible damage or discrepancies must be noted on the bill of lading before signing. Client understands that they must fully open and inspect all merchandise with in 5 days of delivery. Client agrees to notify and place claim directly with the carrier within 5 days if concealed damage is found. Tiles Direct is willing to assist client to collect claims for loss or damage, but this willingness on our part does not make us responsible for collection of claims or replacement. UPS expidited shipment leave within 24 to 48 hours (excluding weekends). Special arrangement can sometimes be made for same day shipments. if you require same day shippments please call customer service.
7) Tiles Direct shall not be responsible for delivery delays caused by acts of God, strikes, accidents, border/customs delays, traffic, natural catastrophes or other delays which are beyond the control of Tiles Direct. Cost of transportation to be borne by buyer. Any claims for delays, damage, or loss in transit, will be against the carrier, and buyer hereby waives any such claims as against Tiles Direct.
8) Installation constitutes full and complete acceptance. Absolutely no claims or returns will be honored after partial or complete installation.
9) All orders place with Tiles Direct are subject to review. Money will not be processed until all orderes are verified for correct price, shipping and tax. If a discrepency is found you will be contacted to approve the change or decline and cancel your order.
10) All LTL shipments to any of the 5 boroughs in NY and Long Island may have an additional fee of $50 applied if lift gate service is required. Customer service will call to confirm whether lift gate service is required or not before the order is processed. Email confirmation will also be required from customer to approve the additional $50 charge if it is necessary.
Please Note: UPS expedited shipments typically leave 24 to 48 hours from the time of order. If your shipment needs to leave sooner than 24 to 48 hours please call our customer service department to see if we can accommodate your needs. UPS does not consider Saturday and Sunday as transit days when factoring air shipments. (Example: A 2nd Day Air that ships on Friday will not arrive until Tuesday.)